Are you looking for a natural and holistic solution when it comes to improving your wellbeing? Then, you might want to consider using a range of CBD products. CBD has really gained popularity in the past several years, and for a good reason; the health benefits are numerous.
This article will describe some great reasons why it’s a product that could be useful in helping you get started on a path towards improving your health and wellbeing.
What Is CBD?
CBD (short for Cannabidiol) is one of the many chemical compounds found in hemp plants. This chemical compound differs from THC, the substance that gives marijuana its psychoactive properties.
Unlike THC, CBD does not produce any intoxicating effects, no matter how much you consume. CBD products come from hemp plants that are grown outdoors in fields that are carefully monitored for quality and purity. They can also be grown indoors using artificial light and careful control of the environment to simulate natural growing conditions.
Moreover, some CBD suppliers use unique methods to increase the potency of the chemical, enhancing its health benefits. According to Oregon Vitality, decarboxylating the compound can increase efficacy and boost its effectiveness. This gives the final product a higher purity and potency.
How Does CBD Interact With Your Body?
CBD binds to receptors in your body that are part of the endocannabinoid system. These receptors respond to cannabinoids, which are chemical compounds that are produced in the body of all mammals. CBD interacts with these receptors and helps regulate some of the functions of your body, such as pain sensation, mood, appetite, and sleep patterns.
What Is The Best Way To Take CBD?
Thanks to its ubiquity and legal status, you can consume CBD in a variety of ways. While each option should provide you with similar outcomes, the effects and response times are different. Some of the most popular methods include:
- Oil: This is the base of every other consumption method but can also be used on its own. You can drop the oil into your mouth (usually beneath the tongue) or place a few drops into your coffee or smoothie.
- Tincture: CBD tinctures are one of the most popular CBD products on the market and are a liquid form of CBD that is taken orally. The tincture is made by combining CBD extract with alcohol or glycerin, which extracts the beneficial cannabinoid compounds.
- Vaping: Vaping CBD oil is a great way to get an instant hit in a measured dose. You can often find vaping oils that are flavored for a more satisfying experience.
- Edibles: CBD edibles are foods that contain CBD. The most common CBD edibles are gummies, brownies, cookies, and chocolates.
- Cream: Some ailments require a topical application to get the best results. CBD creams are used to treat inflammation and skin conditions like Acne.
- Capsules: This is arguably the most discreet and effective way of consuming CBD. You get a perfectly measured dose making it easier to treat cheating conditions.
However, while all of this sounds great, it still doesn’t answer the equation of what it can actually do for your health and wellbeing!
Six Reasons To Begin Using CBD Products
There are numerous reasons people have begun replacing traditional pharmaceuticals with CBD, most of which stem from the fact that CBD is a natural product with minimal side effects. But what has science proven that CBD can effectively treat?
1. It Can Relieve Chronic Pain
Some studies show that CBD reduces pain by interfering with the transmission of pain signals from the body to the brain. Other studies show that it could be because of its anti-inflammatory properties or because it boosts the production of endocannabinoids, which are chemicals made by the body that helps regulate the nervous system and immune system.
2. It Might Have Beneficial Neurophysiological Properties
It has been found that CBD has neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties. This means that it can help in the treatment of various neurological disorders such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Various anxiety disorders
Additionally, CBD is an anticonvulsant that is useful for treating epilepsy. It inhibits seizures by increasing the activity of GABA neurotransmitters in the brain. However, more research is required to prove these claims substantially.
3. It Has Been Shown To Relieve Anxiety
The compound has been shown to have significant therapeutic benefits, especially when it comes to anxiety. Although research on CBD is still in its infancy, it has been shown to be an effective treatment for people suffering from various anxiety disorders and even more severe and long-lasting issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder.
4. It May Promote Quality Sleep
As mentioned earlier, the endocannabinoid system plays an essential role in regulating sleep quality because it helps regulate the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle or circadian rhythm. CBD interacts with this system by increasing serotonin levels and reducing cortisol levels which both help promote relaxation and better quality sleep. Some studies have shown that CBD could improve sleep in people who have anxiety-related insomnia.
5. It Is Legal In Most Jurisdictions
Because CBD doesn’t contain THC, which causes the intoxicating effects commonly associated with cannabis, it is legal to buy and use in many jurisdictions. In the USA, it is legal in all 50 states (although each state has its own rules and regulations).
Moreover, it has recently been legalized in Thailand. What makes this such a momentous occasion is that most Asian states have draconian laws governing anything even remotely related to drugs, meaning that it is gaining popularity worldwide.
6. There Are Minimal To No Side Effects
A significant reason for the surge in adoption is that people are aware of its numerous benefits and few disadvantages. Compared to many conventional pharmaceuticals, CBD contains very few side effects, and those it does have are relatively mild. Some of the most common adverse reactions include:
- Mouth dryness
- Loss of appetite
CBD is a compound found in cannabis that does not give the user a high. It is legal in all 50 states. CBD is being studied as a treatment for various health problems, and there is evidence that it helps with anxiety, chronic pain, insomnia, and several other symptoms with minimal side effects.