Once upon a time, (actually, not so long ago) I used to be scared of trying new things. I was adamant about staying in my comfort zone.
In fact, as a rule, whenever someone asked me to try something new, I would shake my head vigorously and say “no thanks, I’m good.” Who would have thought that reading a few quotes about trying new things would inspire me to say “yes” to the unknown?
Overall, trying something new stirs up anxiety in most people. What if I fail? Will I look silly? What if someone laughs at me?
Obviously, getting over that barrier can be pretty difficult. But once you do, your life will change for the better!
30 Motivational Quotes About Trying New Things
Inspirational Quotes About Trying New Things
1. “You will enrich your life immeasurably if you approach it with a sense of wonder and discovery and always challenge yourself to try new things.” ― Nate Berkus
2. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” ― Walt Disney
3. “Life is worthwhile if you try. It doesn’t mean you can do everything, but there are a lot of things you can do if you just try.” ― Jim Rohn
4. “Be fearless in trying new things, whether they are physical, mental, or emotional since being afraid can challenge you to go to the next level.” ― Rita Wilson
5. “If you don’t try, you forfeit the opportunity.”― Frank Sonnenberg
6. “I realized something on the ride. I realized if I wait until I’m not scared to try new things, then I’ll never get to try them at all.” ― Marie Sexton
7. “Be brave enough to try something new; you might just succeed.” ― Stacey Kehoe
8. “I’ve always wanted to try new things because it’s exciting and it keeps you active and alive.” ― Robert Redford
9. “It’s better to look back on life and say, ‘I can’t believe I did that.’ than to look back and say: ‘I wish I did that.’” ― Unknown
10. “I like to challenge myself. I like to learn — so I like to try new things and try to keep growing.” — David Schwimmer
Quotes About Trying New Things and Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone
11. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar, all right?” ― Michelle Obama
12. “You will have to experiment and try things out for yourself and you will not be sure of what you are doing. That’s alright, you are feeling your way into the thing.” ― Emily Carr
13. “Nobody is perfect and we all learn by mistakes so keep experimenting and trying new things in life.” — Anurag Prakash
14. “Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. ” — Stacy London
15. “You are never too old to learn new things and to dream a new dream in life.” — Anurag Prakash
16. “The most unfortunate thing that happens to people is that they limit themselves by becoming afraid to try anything new…give yourself a chance!” — Nishan Panwar
17. “Try new things, do new things, find new ways of doing things… It’s a beautiful way of learning.” — Terry Mark
18. “Trying new things is the only way you’re going to learn what your passions are.” — Lauren Skonieczny
19. “The hallmark of successful people is that they are always stretching themselves to learn new things.” — Carol S. Dweck
20. “Failure isn’t something to be embarrassed about; it’s just proof that you’re pushing your limits, trying new things, daring to innovate.” — Gavin Newsom
21. “I learned from my dad that change and experimentation are constants and important. You have to keep trying new things.” — S. Robson Walton
Quotes About Trying New Things to Better Yourself
22. “I’m always learning and trying new things. When you stop learning, you start dying.” — Ellen Burstyn
23. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” — Dale Carnegie
24. “Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” — Louis E. Boone
25. “Trying new things and not being afraid to fail along the way is more important than what you learn in school.” — Sara Blakely
26. “Without experimentation, a willingness to ask questions and try new things, we shall surely become static, repetitive, and moribund.” — Anthony Bourdain
27. “I always encourage people to get out there, travel the world, see new things, experience new people, experience new food, experience new culture.” — Karamo Brown
28. “I’m an entrepreneur at heart. I’m not afraid of starting up, starting over, or even failing for that matter, because the fact that I try new things in itself is a victory.” — Lynn Collins
29. “You can learn new things at any time in your life if you’re willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.” — Barbara Sher
30. “Never be afraid to try something new because life gets boring when you stay within the limits of what you already know.” — Anonymous
Overall, it’s safe to say that one of the most universal fears in the world is the fear of the unknown. However, once you decide to step out of your comfort zone and try that new thing you’ve been scared of doing, you’ll wish you had done so earlier!
Relax. You don’t need to start out big. In fact, doing something as small as trying out a new recipe or changing up your wardrobe can open new doors for you and ultimately inspire you to experiment more and more.
All in all, these quotes about trying new things will hopefully give you that much-needed push to get you started!