Who are you if you don’t help your fellow man? Nothing but an excuse for a human. Helping others brings people immense joy. It’s what makes me personally happy when nothing else can. However, if it happens that I forget the exact reason why I go out of my way to lend a helping hand, I read these quotes about helping others.
They inspire me and give me the push that I sometimes need to think of someone else for a change. We’re all guilty of building walls around our little worlds and focusing on nothing but ourselves.
And while that’s perfectly fine, I try not to forget that there are other people out there, who need my help and who would help me out if I needed it. So I pay it forward, and I encourage you to do the same.
29 Best Quotes About Helping Others That Will Inspire You to Lend a Hand
Most Meaningful Quotes About Helping Others That Will Touch Your Heart
1. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
2. “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” ― Maya Angelou
4. “Love is not patronizing and charity isn’t about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same ― with charity you give love, so don’t just give money but reach out your hand instead.” ― Mother Teresa
5. “If you’re not making someone else’s life better, then you’re wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other lives better.” ― Will Smith
6. “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” ― Napoleon Hill
7. “When wealth is centralized, the people are dispersed. When wealth is distributed, people are brought together.” ― Confucius
Help Yourself By Helping Others and Other Nuggets of Wisdom
8. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” ― Anne Frank
9. “We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.” ― Winston Churchill
10. “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan
11. “Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves.” ― Horace Mann
12. “Remember this. Hold on to this. This is the only perfection there is, the perfection of helping others. This is the only thing we can do that has any lasting meaning. And this is why we’re here. To make each other feel safe.” ― Andre Agassi
13. “Real women fight for something other than their own emotions.” ― Shannon L. Alder
14. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” ― Pablo Picasso
What the Willingness to Help Others Can Do for You
15. “Set your heart on doing good. Do it over and over again, and you will be filled with joy.” ― Buddha
16. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ― Charles Dickens
17. “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. So don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” ― Barack Obama
18. “It’s not enough to have lived.
We should be determined to live for something.
May I suggest that it be creating joy for others,
sharing what we have for the betterment of personkind,
bringing hope to the lost and love to the lonely.”
― Leo Buscaglia
19. “I cannot do all the good that the world needs. But the world needs all the good that I can do.” ― Jana Stanfield
20. “What is hard work? It takes strength, energy, and stress to truly care about others enough to place oneself last, but it is easy to wrap oneself up and selfishly scramble on the heads of others.” ― Criss Jami
21. “Kindness can transform someone’s dark moment with a blaze of light. You’ll never know how much your caring matters. Make a difference for another today.” ― Amy Leigh Mercree
22. “When you become detached mentally from yourself and concentrate on helping other people with their difficulties, you will be able to cope with your own more effectively. Somehow, the act of self-giving is a personal power-releasing factor.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
Quotes About Helping Others That Carry a Powerful Message
23. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” ― John Holmes
24. “There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.” ― Mandy Hale
25. “One of the most important things you can do on this Earth is to let people know they are not alone.” ― Shannon L. Alder
26. “The next time you want to withhold your help, or your love, or your support for another for whatever the reason, ask yourself a simple question: do the reasons you want to withhold it reflect more on them or on you? And which reasons do you want defining you forevermore?” ― Dan Pearce
27. “I’m starting to think this world is just a place for us to learn that we need each other more than we want to admit.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
28. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” ― Buddha
29. “The test of a civilization is in the way that it cares for its helpless members.” ― Pearl S. Buck
No man is an island. What’s more, no one can succeed by themselves. So, you need your support system ― your friends, family, community ― to help you grow and reach your full potential. And, in turn, you must also help others do the same. Only then can you say that you’ve left a mark in this world. Only by helping others will you leave a legacy behind.
But helping others doesn’t always have to be a huge gesture or a charitable donation. Sometimes it’s the little things that you can give or provide that matter the most to people. So, pay attention and keep reminding yourself with these quotes about helping others that it’s essential that we give back to our community and humanity.