The internet has brought dating to our fingertips. With a swipe and a match, you can meet a potential date, even if they are in the other corner of the country or another part of the world.
But it has its catches too. With online dating allowing anonymity, it becomes easier for some to hide their true character or identity So, you could end up swiping right on someone just to find that he/she is actually the wrong one.
However, in order to take your dating to the next level, you would need to meet them at some point. This is where online dating helps – it gives you a platform to get to know a person better before actually meeting with them. This ensures that you’re dating with intention and aren’t wasting potential time.
Here is a list of 100 online dating questions you should ask before meeting.
Questions To Ask To Know Who Someone Really Is
1. Does your job make you happy?
2. What fuels your passion for life?
3. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
4. What is your biggest regret and what lessons did you learn?
5. If you had the chance, which part of the world would you want to visit?
6. What qualities do you most admire in your parents?
7. What is the one core value you look for in anyone?
8. How would you describe yourself from another perspective?
9. How do you spend your free time?
10. Describe the five people you spend most of your time with.
11. What is your greatest accomplishment so far?
12. If you had the capacity to change something about the world, what would it be and why?
13. Are you closer to your mom or your dad?
14. What is your personal definition of success?
15. What is your personal definition of love and why?
16. What do you think is the weirdest aspect about yourself?
17. If you could give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be?
18. If you could go back and undo a mistake from the past, what would it be?
19. Which was the last book you read?
20. What are your short-term goals for the next 5 years?
21. Who do you consider as your greatest hero?
Questions To Ask To Know Someone Deeper
1. What is your life’s philosophy?
2. What mantra do you apply when you are in tough situations?
3. Do you believe in religion or God?
4. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
5. Which was your worst year and what events led to that?
6. Do you consider yourself as laid-back or someone who needs to be always productive?
7. What is your major relationship deal-breaker, if you could only choose one?
8. Would you ever forgive and give someone a second chance if they cheated on you?
9. When thinking about the future, do you see yourself in a marriage and having a family? Why or why not?
10. Are you more attracted to someone’s physical appearance or their mind?
11. What would you do if your parents don’t approve of your partner?
12. If given the chance to become one, what kind of parent would you be?
13. Can you or can you not stay friends with an ex? Why?
14. Have you lost someone you have loved? How did you deal with the grief?
15. On a bad day, do you prefer to be comforted or left alone?
16. What’s your idea of a typical weekend?
17. Do you think individuals of the opposite gender can stay friends without forming any attraction or crush?
18. Are you confrontational or do you prefer to avoid discussing hard truths with someone?
19. Have you broken someone’s heart and if yes, why?
20. How much are you willing to sacrifice for love?
21. What are you most grateful for in your life?
22. Are you the type to give second chances? Why or why not?
23. What do people often misunderstand about you?
24. What lessons if any did your past relationship teach you?
25. What is your perspective on online dating?
26. When did you last feel full of life and adrenaline?
27. Does falling in love come naturally to you?
28. What do you often think of when alone?
29. If you could have any 3 wishes right now, what would they be?
Questions To Ask To Dig Deeper About Them
1. What is your darkest thought that you’ve never said out loud?
2. What fear of yours troubles you the most?
3. When you’re consumed by anxiety and worry, what activity eases your mind and soul?
4. What triggers your anxiety?
5. What event from the past led to certain traumas and negative mindsets that you still resonate with today?
6. What do you often do when you’re alone?
7. When was the last time you faced failure? How about success?
8. What are some harsh facts that you choose to ignore until today?
9. What is the worst lie you’ve ever believed to be true?
10. What do you believe is the meaning of your existence?
11. At the end of your life, what do you want others to say about you?
12. If you’ve been truly in love, when was the moment you realized that it was real?
13. What did it feel like to have your heartbroken for the first time?
14. Have you ever thought of hurting yourself physically? Why or why not?
15. Which specific change made you extremely proud of yourself?
16. How do you show the people you love that you care about them?
17. Do you define home as a place or feeling? Define this.
18. Have you ever wished you could run away from yourself and change who you are completely? Why or why not?
19. What childhood memory do you treasure the most?
20. Do you believe in an afterlife? Why or why not?
21. Do you believe that each of us has a specific destiny or that we create our own paths? Why or why not?
22. What would be your thought process if someone presented you with the evidence that God never existed, but was merely an invention of man?
23. How do you think Earth and everything else in this world were created?
24. Do you think both science and faith can coexist in this world? Why or why not?
25. What is your definition of art?
26. Would it be better to live a life of perfect bliss, without ever experiencing any type of pain? Why or why not?
27. What do you fear yourself dying from?
28. If you had the chance to live forever while maintaining your current appearance or state, would you take it?
29. Would you rather love or be loved back? Why or why not?
30. Would you rather date someone who loves you more than you do them or date someone where you love them more?
31. How do you define beauty?
32. Define what happiness means to you and how you attain it.
Unconventional Questions To Ask To Know Someone Better
1. How are your parents like at home? How about outside of home?
2. If you had complete control, what manner of death would you choose?
3. Tell me a stupid joke that you think is funny, without caring what others think.
4. If you were to pick just two, which ones would you pick – physical, mental, or emotional compatibility?
5. Which song resonates with your current emotions the most?
6. If any animal could be your pet, what would you choose?
7. Do you believe that men are more logical and women are more emotional? Why or why not?
8. Out of all negative emotions – anger, greed, envy, pride, and hate – which one affects you the most? Why?
9. Which positive emotions – compassion, optimism, enthusiasm, resilience, or persistence defines you best? Why?
10. If you had the chance to be the president of your country, what’s the first thing you would change and why?
11. What is your biggest strength outside of your career or professional life?
12. Has someone else’s pain given you joy? Be honest.
13. If you had one value to teach your children – honesty, kindness, or courage – what would it be and why?
14. What is the one bad trait you wouldn’t mind in a significant other? Why?
15. What is the one worst quality you would never tolerate in a significant other? Why?
16. If you were given $5,000 by a random stranger, how would you use it?
17. In circumstances when you can’t sleep, what do you do with your time?
18. What is the most romantic and loving thing you have done for anyone?
When you meet someone online and you feel they’re perfect, don’t agree immediately to an offline meeting. Ponder over these questions and discuss them with your potential date. You save a lot of time, effort and some heartache as well, by ensuring you do not end up with the wrong guy.
The key to a perfect date is to make sure you’re compatible first. With these questions, that’s a guarantee. So, go ahead and check out your potential date on Tinder or OkCupid. Do remember, to keep those questions ready.