More than anything else, I love to revisit my favorite movies (and inspirational movie quotes). There are quite a few films that I could watch every day for the rest of my life. Some people find this odd. However, for me, movies are so much more than a pastime.
They inspire people, entertain them, teach them valuable lessons, and help them overcome many difficulties in life. When I’m in need of some inspiration, I often turn to my favorite films because they console me and make me feel better. However, if I don’t really have the time and I need some motivation ASAP, I read these inspirational movie quotes.
Sometimes they remind me of an important lesson, and other times they just make me smile. Either way, they brighten my day. Hopefully, they’ll do the same for you, and you’ll walk away feeling better and more inspired than you were before.
28 Best Inspirational Movie Quotes That Will Teach You Important Life Lessons
Movie Wisdom That We Should All Keep In Mind
1. “Do, or do not. There is no try.” — Yoda, Star Wars: Episode V — The Empire Strikes Back
2. “Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” — Rocky Balboa, Rocky I
3. “Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.” — Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
4. Hey, don’t ever let somebody tell you that you can’t do something. Not even me. All right? You got a dream? You gotta protect it. People can’t do somethin’ themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want somethin’, go get it. Period. — Christopher Gardner, The Pursuit of Happyness
5. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.” — John Keating, Dead Poets Society
6. “Life is not the amount of breaths you take. It’s the moments that take your breath away.” — Alex Hitchens, Hitch
7. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” — Vito Corleone, The Godfather
8. “Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.” — Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past
Inspirational Movie Quotes That Will Give You Something to Think About
9. “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.” — William Wallace, Braveheart
10. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it or learn from it.” — Rafiki, The Lion King
11. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” — Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
12. “It is not our abilities that show what we truly are, it is our choices.” — Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
13. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.” — Stephen Hawking, The Theory of Everything
14. “At some point, you’ve got to decide for yourself who you gonna be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.” — Juan, Moonlight
15. “Your future hasn’t been written yet. No one’s has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one.” — Doc Brown, Back To The Future III
Most Meaningful and Inspirational Movie Quotes
16. “My momma always said, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.’” — Forrest Gump, Forrest Gump
17. “You know how everyone’s always saying, ‘Seize the moment?’ I don’t know, I’m kinda thinkin’ it’s the other way. Like the moment seizes us.” — Nicole, Boyhood
18. “Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective. A lot of hope is dangerous. A spark is fine, as long as it’s contained.” — President Snow, The Hunger Games
19. “We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” — T’Challa, Black Panther
20. “There’s no such thing as too far. Do you understand? You push everything as far as you can. You push and you push and you push until it starts pushing back. And then you push some goddamn more.” — Walter Abrams, Two For The Money
21. “Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.” — Edmond, The Count of Monte Cristo
Most Famous Inspirational Movie Quotes That Are Cinema In Its Purest Form
22. “Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine.” — Christopher, The Imitation Game
23. “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. But if you give him a mask, he will tell you the truth.” — Julian Assange, The Fifth Estate
24. “Get busy living, or get busy dying.”— Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
25. “We buy things we don’t need, to impress people we don’t like.” — Tyler Durden, Fight Club
26. “But honor, that’s the real reason you either do something or you don’t. It’s who you are and maybe who you want to be. If you die trying for something important, then you have both honor and courage, and that’s pretty good.” — Michael Oher, The Blind Side
27. “Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere.” — Van Wilder, Van Wilder: Party Liaison
28. “If everybody were like everybody else, how boring it would be. The things that make me different are the things that make me, me!” — Piglet and Eeyore, Winnie the Pooh
There are plenty of inspirational movie quotes out there that are entertaining and wholesome. However, these are my absolute favorites because they spark something special in me. They not only make me feel better but also make me want to live my best life. Not to mention, they also help me believe that, just like most characters in movies, I also deserve a happy ending.
Not too shabby for a handful of movie quotes, right?