Saying goodbye is never easy. That’s especially true when I have to say goodbye to a coworker. In fact, it can get so difficult that I don’t even know how to convey my feelings in the right way. That’s why I have this list of memorable farewell wishes to a coworker that I whip out when I need some inspiration.
So, over time, I bond with my coworkers, and they become my close confidants, partners in crime, and some of my favorite people. I see them every day and enjoy both their company and the witty banter we share. So it slips my mind that one of us will eventually leave this place we both visit every day and move on to bigger and better things.
When that happens, I’m both crushed and excited. I know I’ll miss them terribly, but I also know that moving on and going forward is an essential part of life. So, I try to tell them that and to make sure they know how happy I am for them. If you’re in a similar situation and need some inspiration, here are the best farewell wishes to a coworker!
25 Best Ways to Say a Heartfelt Goodbye to a Colleague
Sincerest and Most Genuine Farewell Wishes to a Coworker
1. “Thank you for all the support and goodwill you have shown to me over the years. The sweet memories of working with a coworker like you will be hard to forget. So thank you for everything and farewell, mate!”
2. “In all honesty, all of us at work will tremendously miss you. You were such an excellent mentor to some of us and a wonderful colleague to the rest. So good luck in your new endeavor.”
3. “Firstly, thanks for all those times when you helped me with the tasks I wasn’t able to do on time. Furthermore, please know that it will be difficult to fill the void created by your absence. I am really going to miss you. Best of luck.”
4. “Thank you for your help and kindness. I wish you the best of luck and continued success wherever you may find yourself.”
5. “Life is about cherishing the past, facing the present, and moving ahead towards new milestones. I wish you the best in your future position. I hope you’re as happy and successful at it as I know you can be!”
6. “The coffee breaks, the canteen chats, office gossip sessions, and drinks after long days — these are the moments we shared that I will cherish forever. And I will miss everything! Farewell, and take care!”
7. “I wish you smooth sailing ahead and a path full of joy. May all your dreams come true!”
8. “Having fun and being happy here won’t be as easy without a wonderful person like you around. The whole workplace will miss you. Goodbye, and all the best.”
Farewell Wishes to a Coworker That Will Leave Them With Tears in Their Eyes
9. “Good colleagues are the kind of people you can rely on, generally get along with, share a joke or two, and ask for help. And you’re definitely all of these things. So your new coworkers have no idea how lucky they are, but they’ll find out soon.”
10. “You’ve been a friend, colleague, and mentor whom I have treasured very much. However, you’re bound for bigger and better things. Goodbye, mate!”
11. “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay awhile, make footprints on our hearts and we are never, ever the same. I’ll always remember the times we shared. Farewell and the best of luck to you!”
12. “You decided to move to greener pastures, but your departure will leave our grounds barren and dry. Farewell!”
13. “I’ll miss your towering presence, constant support, and inspiring words. You were a wonderful and supportive colleague. Farewell, all the best.”
14. “While it pains me to bid you farewell as you start a new phase of your career, I sincerely wish you continued success in all your future endeavors.”
15. “Your resignation is a cruel reminder that all good things in life must come to an end. You may have stopped being a colleague, but you’ll always remain my friend. Farewell!”
16. ”Every once in a while, you meet a person that you instantly click with. You’re definitely one of those people for me. I’m so happy that we got to spend the time we did together. Enjoy your new position.”
17. “It has been an honor working with a wonderful colleague like you these past years. You may no longer be my coworker, but you’ll continue to be my friend. Good luck on your new position.
Funny, No-Nonsense Farewell Wishes to a Coworker
18. “You leaving is the absolute worst. How am I supposed to find another person who is as wonderful to work with as you? You raised the bar too high!”
19. “Thank you for all those hectic days you were there by my side. It’s been a great pleasure working with you!”
20. “Farewell to my partner in crime. The office pranks won’t be as fun without you there to help me plan them! Also, I’m not going to miss your messy desk and stupid jokes, but I’m really going to miss you.”
21. “So, how long do you think it’ll take before I accidentally fling Cheerios and paperclips into the next cubicle, thinking that you’re still there? I’ll miss you terribly!”
22. “If I had to play a final prank on you before bidding you farewell, I would tie your legs to your desk when you aren’t looking so that you can never leave us. Goodbye!”
23. “We were planning on throwing you an amazing party next month and showering you in gifts. But now that you’re leaving that’s not going to happen. So let us know if you change your mind! Farewell, my friend!”
24. “As a colleague, you were an amazing shield that protected us from the boss’ rants and a hefty weapon that helped us in our war with monthly targets. So we’ll miss you terribly! Farewell!”
25. “Having awesome colleagues like you is a bittersweet thing because, now that you’re leaving, it will be impossible to work with anyone else. So thank you for spoiling me with your awesomeness!”
Saying goodbye might not be easy, but with these inspirational and memorable farewell wishes to a coworker, you’ll have something to say.
If you’re sad and heartbroken that your colleague is leaving, remember that just because you won’t be seeing them every day, doesn’t mean you won’t ever spend time with them again. You can always catch up over coffee next month, and hear all about that new place they left you for!